Netflix Free Trial is probably the most lucrative free trial of all and is closer to a dream come true. This is because Netflix is a popular streaming service that provides a wide range of movies, TV shows, documentaries, and other video content to its subscribers.
As a streaming service, Netflix allows its subscribers to watch a vast library of content on various devices, including smartphones, tablets, computers, and smart TVs. It offers a mix of licensed content from various production companies as well as original programming produced by Netflix itself.
To access Netflix, users need to create an account and subscribe to one of the available membership plans. The service is available in numerous countries worldwide. Being such a giant and vast streaming platform, Netflix free trial is something everyone wants to have their hands on.
This is because accessing a plethora of entertainment shows and series along with no price to pay is on everyone’s bucket list. And hence, the same is offered through Netflix free trial option. But how do we get Netflix free trial? Is it still available in 2023? Let us address all your questions and have a look at Netflix’s free trial.
Does Netflix offer a Free Trial in 2023?
The streaming giant offered 30 days of free trial to all its new users till October 2020. Netflix had discontinued its free trial offer for new subscribers. There are several reasons behind this change in strategy. One of the main reasons is that some people took advantage of the free trial offer by repeatedly signing up for new accounts using different email addresses to enjoy multiple free trial periods.
This practice, known as “trial hopping,” led to abuse of the system and did not align with Netflix’s goals of expanding its subscriber base. By discontinuing the free trial, Netflix aimed to ensure a fairer and more sustainable approach to attracting new subscribers. Instead of offering a temporary trial period, However. Hence, as of now, Netflix has not restarted its free trial system. Therefore in 2023, Netflix does not offer a free trial.
What is the Netflix Subscription Cost?
Netflix offers different subscription plans to cater to the varying needs of its users. The specific plans available may vary depending on your country or region.
- Basic Plan: This is the most affordable plan offered by Netflix. It allows you to stream content on one device at a time in standard definition (SD). It costs $6.99 per month. A much-upgraded version of the basic plan is the plan with no ads. Herein the streaming is ad-free. The said plan costs $9.99 per month. With the Basic Plan, you cannot stream on multiple devices simultaneously, and high-definition (HD) and Ultra HD (4K) streaming are not available.
- Standard Plan: The Standard Plan offers more features compared to the Basic Plan. It allows you to stream on two devices simultaneously in high definition (HD), if available. The cost of the standard plan is $15.49 per month. This plan is suitable for households with multiple viewers who may want to watch different shows or movies at the same time.
- Premium Plan: The Premium Plan is the most expensive option but provides the most benefits. It allows you to stream on up to four devices simultaneously in high definition (HD) or Ultra HD (4K), if available. The cost of the premium plan is $19.99 per month. This plan is ideal for larger households or those who want to enjoy content in the highest resolution possible.
Why has Netflix stopped its Free Trial?
Netflix made the decision to discontinue its free trial offer for new subscribers. The specific reasons behind this decision have not been officially disclosed by Netflix. However, it is speculated that the decision was made to focus on other marketing strategies. During the lockdown, everything came to a halt.
People across the globe were sitting idle in their houses and binge-watching because even movie theatres were closed. That is when the whole OTT platforms grew and so was Netflix and other platforms. Netflix’s free trial was tried by a lot of people.
And hence, consequently, in October 2020, Netflix discontinued its free trial system. The same is to also ensure that potential subscribers have a more accurate understanding of the Netflix experience before committing to a paid subscription.
Netflix is known for its extensive library of movies, TV shows, and original content. The platform provides a range of subscription plans with different features and pricing options. While the free trial option is no longer available, Netflix continues to offer a wide variety of content to its subscribers who can choose a plan that best suits their preferences and needs.
In which Countries Netflix is Offering a Free Trial?
In October 2020, Netflix halted its free trial system globally which means that the free trial option has been discontinued in all the countries. However, please note that Netflix’s offerings and promotions may change over time. According to the Netflix help page, the free trial option is no longer available. However, users can still sign up for a subscription and enjoy all the features and content that Netflix offers. The decision to discontinue the free trial is believed to be a permanent one, aimed at addressing issues of abuse and misuse of the trial system.
The good news is that Netflix is presently providing a 100% free version, which is great for Kenyans. Customers in Kenya can watch a fourth of the content on Android phones for free thanks to the free version. Only viewers who live in Kenya are eligible for the free trial offer. People residing outside of Kenya can access the international Netflix catalog and view movies and TV series no matter where they are by using the finest VPNs, such as NordVPN, Surfshark, and ExpressVPN for Netflix.
How to get a Netflix Free Trial?
As mentioned above, Netflix has discontinued its free trial however, if in the future Netflix decides to continue with its free trial option, here are the steps one must follow.
1. Visit the Netflix website: Go to the official Netflix website using a web browser on your computer or mobile device.
2. Click on “Join Free for a Month” or similar: Look for a button or link that offers a free trial or a promotional offer. It is typically prominently displayed on the Netflix homepage.
3. Select a plan: Choose the subscription plan that you would like to try during the free trial period. Netflix usually offers multiple plans, including Basic, Standard, and Premium.
4. Create a Netflix account: Provide your email address and create a password to set up a Netflix account. You may also be asked to enter your payment information during this step. Netflix requires payment details upfront to prevent interruption of service if you decide to continue with a paid subscription after the free trial ends.
5. Start your free trial: Once your account is created and payment information is provided, you can start your free trial. In most cases, Netflix offers a 30-day free trial period, during which you can access the full range of content available on the platform.
6. Enjoy Netflix: You can now start streaming movies, TV shows, documentaries, and other content available on Netflix. Explore the library, create profiles, and discover the shows and movies that interest you.
Is It Worth Subscribing to Netflix?
Subscribing to Netflix can be worth it for many individuals due to the numerous benefits it offers. One of the key advantages is the extensive library of content available for streaming. Netflix boasts a vast collection of movies, TV shows, documentaries, and original productions, catering to a wide range of interests and preferences. Whether you’re a fan of thrilling dramas, captivating documentaries, or the latest binge-worthy series, Netflix has something to offer.
Furthermore, Netflix’s commitment to producing high-quality original content sets it apart from other streaming platforms. From critically acclaimed series like “Stranger Things” and “The Crown” to thought-provoking documentaries and exclusive films, Netflix’s original productions consistently receive praise for their creativity and production value. Hence, it is indeed worth subscribing to Netflix.
Different Ways to Get Netflix at a Discounted Rate
Since Netflix has stopped its free trial system and also does not offer any active discounts, it can be a bit difficult for users to avail of it. However, the said difficulty can be resolved through numerous ways of getting Netflix at a discounted rate. So here are some of the ways of doing that-
1. Keep an Eye on Gift Cards and Deals
Look for discounted Netflix gift cards or special deals on third-party websites, retail stores, or during the holiday season. These can provide savings on your subscription when applied to your account. Also, Keep an eye out for promotional offers from Netflix. They occasionally offer discounted or extended trial periods for new subscribers. Check their website or follow their social media channels for any ongoing promotions.
2. Share a Subscription or Check with Internet Providers
Netflix allows multiple profiles within a single account, so consider sharing a subscription with family or friends. This way, you can split the cost and enjoy the service at a discounted rate. However, remember to abide by Netflix’s terms of service regarding sharing accounts. Additionally, Some internet service providers (ISPs) offer bundled packages that include a Netflix subscription as part of their service. Explore the packages available from your ISP or inquire about any special offers they may have.
3. Subscribe to Mobile Only
Netflix offers a mobile-only plan in some countries, which allows you to stream content only on a smartphone or tablet. These plans are usually offered at a lower price point compared to standard plans, making them a more affordable option if you primarily watch Netflix on mobile devices.
1. Can I get a free trial on Netflix more than once?
Typically, Netflix only allows new customers to enjoy a free trial once. After the trial period ends, you would need to subscribe and pay for a membership to continue accessing their content. It’s important to note that Netflix’s policies may vary or change, so it’s recommended to check their website or contact their customer support for the most accurate information regarding their trial policy.
2. Do I need to enter my credit card information to sign up for a free trial?
Yes, in most cases, Netflix requires you to provide your credit card information when signing up for a free trial. This allows them to automatically transition your account to a paid subscription once the trial period ends. If you cancel your subscription before the trial period expires, you won’t be charged. It’s important to remember to cancel before the trial ends if you decide not to continue with the paid subscription.
3. Is a Netflix free trial available in all countries?
Netflix’s availability and free trial offerings may vary depending on the country or region. The availability of a free trial, trial duration, and terms may differ from one country to another. It’s best to check the Netflix website or contact their customer support for information specific to your location.
Lastly, There is no free trial available from Netflix. Some people continue to watch Netflix for free, though. The majority of consumers decide to split subscription costs with family members, which allows them to make significant financial savings. Utilizing the internet or pay-TV plans that include a Netflix membership are two more ways to access Netflix for nothing. Just be cautious while sharing your account, as the site may stop allowing this in the future. So enjoy your free trial if you are able to get it. Happy streaming!
Hi there! I’m Nousheen, a passionate and creative content writer. I believe in the power of words to inform, engage, and inspire. I strive to bring that magic into every piece I write. I am always eager to delve into new subjects and translate my findings into engaging articles. Above all, I am driven by a genuine love for writing.